roland-arranger.com user club
October 21, 2018, 04:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: User registration is currently disabled. If you want an account, please send an e-mail to registration@roland-arranger.com. In the e-mail inform us about your desired username and e-mail address and we will create a user account for you manually. You will recieve an e-mail, when your new account has been created.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roland Management buyout!  (Read 1747 times)

Prickyplant

Germany Germany

My keyboard is:
BK-7m, Integra-7, MoXF6

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:45:25 PM »

Roland is being purchased by its own management! Just saw a post on Another forum, this is the official information from Roland:
http://www.roland.com/ir/pdf/2014/20140514.pdf
Gunjongo

Norway Norway

My keyboard is:
Roland G70v3/SRX07 - Tyros 4 - Korg MicroArr.

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:05:02 PM »

And here is another link seen at SZ:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/taiyo-pacific-partners-supports-management-120200931.html

Happy Playing & Posting Smiley
GJ

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
Prickyplant

Germany Germany

My keyboard is:
BK-7m, Integra-7, MoXF6

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:23 PM »

There's a new business report on roland.com today. I am quite optimistic now that the arranger segment will be maintained. Actually, the management buy-out should mean that the strategies they have tried to pursue will be strengthened in the future, as the management is more independent from shareholders who might just want short-term profits.
The report says sales for arrangers have been quite solid in Asia, so that's a good sign not to completely abandon the segment...
Diki

United States United States

My keyboard is:
G70, SRX-07, SRX-06, SRG-01, BK-7m, BK-9

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »

Hopefully, good news for the return of a higher quality build standard for Roland synths and arrangers. Case quality for the BK-9 seems OK, and the huge drop in weight has been appreciated by many, but I'm not sure some kind of compromise would not have been better.

The loss of the touch screen (you only have to look to Korg's Krone series to see how a HUGE touch screen is no impediment to either weight or cost savings) and the higher quality keybed from the G/E series (no mid-priced arranger should be without aftertouch) have been considerable steps backwards in the name of cheap production, and many of us feel Roland went too far, and dropped rather a lot of desperately needed panel buttons and multi-color switches, all of which are NEEDED for easy arranger operation.

It's very early days, and the buyout is by no means a fait accompli yet, nor the end results of it, but even bad news is better than no news, and this is not bad news...

Possibly  Shocked

In the future, everyone will be famous for 15MB....
Prickyplant

Germany Germany

My keyboard is:
BK-7m, Integra-7, MoXF6

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »

News about the buyout:
http://www.roland.com/ir/pdf/2014/20140624_2.pdf
Obviously, the tender period had to be extended into July. I'm not sure, does this mean the MBO is still at stake as not enough shareholders have been willing to sell their shares yet in order to make the buyout possible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: