roland-arranger.com user club
December 13, 2018, 01:18:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: User registration is currently disabled. If you want an account, please send an e-mail to registration@roland-arranger.com. In the e-mail inform us about your desired username and e-mail address and we will create a user account for you manually. You will recieve an e-mail, when your new account has been created.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Software Style Player  (Read 27146 times)

midimusa

Estonia Estonia

My keyboard is:
Roland E60 OS v1.10

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 12:36:34 AM »

As You see. You have many partners who want to help you.
If you think better keep your mindings by yourself (in programming side),
You can keep it.
Even in that topic i see that there is needing for a program like that.

If you want - You can go to an open souce, if not, then not.
I think, there can be a great program.

With best regards
Midimusa

Diki

United States United States

My keyboard is:
G70, SRX-07, SRX-06, SRG-01, BK-7m, BK-9

View Profile Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »

So.... are things progressing?

In the future, everyone will be famous for 15MB....
magean

Germany Germany

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »

As Midimusa wrote: We offered to help Normann with the development of the software package (because we all had some background in programming).

As far as I understood, Normann wants to make the style player alone - perhaps with some open APIs for external developers. So the software style player is more or less his own task. We only can contibute some ideas.... and then we have to wait and see what happens in Denmark in the next months....

Best regards
Gerd
normann

Denmark Denmark

View Profile Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 08:20:03 PM »

Hey guys!

I know you haven't heard from me for month, and it's a long story and long summer vacation for me. I've been looking into different options, and send out pledges to different companies, but no response Cry

I then had the idea that I would use the next 6 month of my time to work on the Style Player, if I could pledge for an amount (equal to 6 month worth of work) on www.kickstarter.com, and have the finished player available free of charge for everyone. I then could proceed on developing pro-versions with features such as editing, convert, save etc.

But www.kickstarter.com is for US citizens only, and I live in Denmark, and had no luck finding a similar "kickstarter" for EU citizens :-(

It doesn't look good for the project, and I have to start on another project or job to ensure my own daily life.

If any of you guys know if any "kickstarter" exists for EU citizens, please let me know. I would give it a try.

I'm sorry, and best regards,
Normann
normann

Denmark Denmark

View Profile Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 10:10:33 PM »

Hey guys again!

I found IndieGoGo, which is very similar to kickstarter. Now I need your help to spread the word and attract contributers ;-)

http://www.indiegogo.com/Software-Style-Player?a=222225&i=addr

I hope the campaign can reach its goal.

Best regard,
Normann
normann

Denmark Denmark

View Profile Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »

Hi guys,

My time ran out. No support from Roland (or any other manufactorer), and no luck with IndieGoGo  Embarrassed

I signed a new contract, and I need to concentrate on a whole different area, so this project is set to halt Cry

Sorry, and best regards,
Normann
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:40:06 AM by normann » Logged
Rob Sherratt

Greece Greece

My keyboard is:
Roland BK-9

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 12:33:49 PM »

I can understand Roland's reluctance to assist with creation of a software-style-player using their proprietary style formats.

I think a safer proposition may be an extension to Richard Shotbolt's Session Manager that could potentially also manage and configure Roland styles for the BK-series and E-series.  Session Manager relies on the Roland hardware for the playback functionality.  Richard and I are corresponding about this at the moment.  We will need Roland's assistance to enable the extra functionality to be written for the BK-series and E-series, since Richard's current software supports the G-series only.  If Roland are interested to support our efforts then we will go ahead.  Further correspondence about this will be in the "Session Manager" topic heading.

Best regards,
Rob

If "Life's but a walking shadow that struts and frets his hour upon the stage", then how come I can't remember my lines?
Rob Sherratt

Greece Greece

My keyboard is:
Roland BK-9

View Profile Awards

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »

Hi guys,

My time ran out. No support from Roland (or any other manufactorer), and no luck with IndieGoGo  Embarrassed

I signed a new contract, and I need to concentrate on a whole different area, so this project is set to halt Cry

Sorry, and best regards,
Normann

Hi Normann,

Hope you are keeping well.

Richard Shotbolt and I are trying to contact you concerning our work on Session Manager, and we have a suggestion to make that you may be interested in.  We tried your email address but it bounces.  Please could you contact either Richard or me by email?  The details are on our profiles and the email addresses both work!

Best regards,
Rob

If "Life's but a walking shadow that struts and frets his hour upon the stage", then how come I can't remember my lines?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: